Okay. This one is for RyMo. A quick and easy dinner for a sinle Angeleno. Lemon, herbs, and tofu is a pretty classic nosh. Stick to these dried herbs if they sound good or venture beyond if you want. No rules as long as you are putting stuff you love in this dish. Awesome served over a bowl of quinoa. Also, delicious with some steamed brocolli.
1. 4 tbsp lemon juice (probably equal to one large lemon or two medium; give 'em some rough love by rubbing them around the counter to get the "juices flowing")
2. 2 tbsp soy
3. 2.5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
FOR THE FOLLOWING HERBS, EITHER USE THE FIRST ONE LISTED FOR EACH NUMBER OR THE SECOND. JUST KEEP IT CONSISTENT FOR A GREAT TASTE.
4. 1.5 tsp dried oregano or rosemary
5. 1 tsp dried thyme
6. 1⁄2 tsp dried basil or garlic powder
7. 1⁄2 tsp honey, maple syrup, agave
8. salt and pepper to taste
9. Extra Firm Tofu (put onto a plate with tall walls--place something heavy, and sanitary, on top to drain some liquid off; drain the liquid; cut into 5 even slices)
A. Preheat oven to 375°F
B. In a baking dish, mix 1-8 until it looks like a nice even dressing.
C. Add #8 and toss around to blend.
D. Cover with foil and bake for about 15 minutes.
E. Turn it over and bake uncovered for 15 more minutes.
F. Most of the liquid should be gone. If not, turn and coat again bake a few more minutes. If the liquid is gone, then you are golden.
G. Let it cool for a minute. Toss it on top of some quinoa, alongside some steamed veg, or just start munching.
1. Add two cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa.
2. Bring to boil.
3. Turn down heat to low-medium and cover.
4. Continue like this until all the water is gone.
5. Top it with tofu and nosh.